Project 77 BGT for sale - €1500

Répondre
Ernie
Région : France - Midi-Pyrénées
Type : B
année : 1976

Project 77 BGT for sale - €1500

Message par Ernie »

Please excuse me for writing in English, my French is not good enough for this !

I recently bought this tired old girl to break for parts but having had a chance to give her a thorough look over she is savable so I though I'd give somebody the opportunity to take her on as a project.

First let me say she is a RUNNER and is DRIVEABLE and was in regular use until last year although of course she has no CT so cannot be taken on the road right now.

The bad bits:

Both side sills inner and outer are rusted and in need of replacement.
There is perforating rust at the base of the windscreen.
Both lower rear wings have been replaced but badly so will need doing again.
Both doors need work to their undersides, their skins are reasonably OK
The Webasto sunroof is completely gone and will need replacement, (David Balkwill can help with this). The inside of it is OK as are the rails in the roof .
The exhaust is blowing and will need repairs or replacement.
Overall there is light surface rust in many places, it looks as if somebody rubbed the car down for painting and put some primer on but then left it.

The good bits:

The engine is very good, 60+ lbs oil pressure on hot idle, no smoke from the exhaust and no noises.
The gearbox is good and the OD works perfectly although there is a wiring problem somewhere so I had to put 12v directly onto the solenoid.
New fuel pump
The front suspension is good and there is no apparent play in the swivel axles or wheel bearings.
At the back end the spring hangars are all good.
The boot floor and corners are OK but with some surface rust.
The clutch and brakes are working fine, clutch master and slave cylinders are new.
The front wings have been replaced at some time and are in excellent rust free condition.
The strengtheners (Moss MB17) are good.
The interior is complete and in fair condition, the front seats are dirty but not torn or worn through.
Carpets are all in good condition.
There are 4 nearly new Toyo tyres.
The chrome side strips come with the car.

All told there is definitely hope for the old girl and with the sills done for a CT she would make a cheap introduction to MGB ownership and a rolling restoration.

I have uploaded more photos here: http://imgur.com/a/PZ2HP

The price reflects what I believe the car to be worth in parts so is pretty firm.

Once again apologies for the English and please bear my bad French in mind if asking questions.

The car is located near Cahors dept 46 and I have a trailer so could possibly deliver over a reasonable distance.

EDIT: Video of engine & oil pressure
http://youtu.be/8ktRVh9Be5U
Répondre